PR / Marketing Strategy
Web Page: www.AtlanticSix.com
• Update pages often throughout campaign, include pictures of training / boat /
preparation and packing of boat.
• We will run Polls and competitions throughout the campaign to engage the public.
• We will use Facebook live as a tool to stream live videos of the departure and arrival.
• We will release video footage from the Ocean.
• We will set up and promote #tags and tweet daily.
• We will use existing networks to promote our pages and website.
• When sponsors are in place we will put logos on our social media and website.
• We will provide regular position posts.
• People can track our progress 24 hours a day using YellowBrick.
• We will provide land based website and Social Media management during rowing
• We will have live Q&A sessions across multiple platforms.
• We will write our own Blog of the event. This can contain links to sponsors websites if
• We have good links with local and national media and plan to do regular interviews
before, during and after the event.
• We have local and national media links established from previous campaigns. We
will have articles in national newspapers to promote the campaign.
• We have local and national Radio links. We will chat live on air with various radio
stations both in UK and US before, during and after the event.
• We will take part in chats on Podcasts and digital media platforms.
Other Promotion / Fundraising
• Attend local events with boat to raise awareness of the Row.
• Organise a days at Gyms such as sponsored rows.
• We will be holding a pre send-off Charity Dinner.
• We will hold theme nights.
• We will promote our chosen charity using Social Media and our website and use
online platforms such as Just Giving page to raise funds.